Car window tinting MEGATHREAD

I am looking at having my windows tinted on my car, but am a complete novice in the area of pricing! Have been quoted £120 for 3 rear windows of my 307, does anyone with knowledge know if this is reasonable? Also any tips or things to look out for would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks.

Shans tints on Herries Road, top job.

BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

Wrong thread me thinks. This thread is about the ride man. Park it like its hot init.

buy on ebay some show video how to's.

make sure b4 applying , windows are spotlessy clean, inside.

have a squeezy bottle with warm water an a little washing up liquid, not too much !.

roughly cut tint to size, enables making a easier and a better job. MAKE SURE, you see a video where you seperate the 2 sides half's (most important) as you could apply the wrong side or worst thing applly both sides together .

spray glass wi water apply film then spread and squeeze air out with a rubber blade. trim off edges about 1/8" 5mm all around edge with blade normally supplied.

HOPE THIS IS USEFULL TO YOU.

Edited by jud1255

My next door neighbour turned up with his car windows tinted a few weeks ago. When I asked him why he had done it he said, "For when I'm using the mobile phone innit!"

Apparently the word on the street is that you are far less likely to be caught using the mobile while driving if your car has tints ( or eating an apple or drinking from a can or any of the other things you are not allowed to do while driving). I have to admit that since he said this I have noticed that you can't see a thing when they are fitted.

Mind you I don't know why he is bothered cos the police are so thin on the ground around here that the odds on getting caught are astronomical anyway.

If plod can't see through the driver's side window you'll end up getting stopped...you'd better be sure everything else with your car is 100%

• 1 month later...
I am having my car Windows tinted and I have been told Shan tints on herries rd are pretty good, has anyone else used them?

hi there i have taken mine and 6 of my family's cars to shans cus he always looks after me with the price, cheaper than any1 else n he does a **** on job at em, never had no problems with him, quality bloke, would highly recomend to every1, scott

hi there i have taken mine and 6 of my family's cars to shans cus he always looks after me with the price, cheaper than any1 else n he does a **** on job at em, never had no problems with him, quality bloke, would highly recomend to every1, scott

:(:hihi:

Why do you feel the need to have six family cars tinted? :huh: