Car window tinting MEGATHREAD

dont forget it must let 73% OF natural light cops have machine to measure it and will insith you remove it of take it off for yu depending if the copper as had a bad day or not it could leed to £60 fine and 3 points

i was under the impression it,s only the front windows which have to let so much light through and you could have the rears as dark as you like .

dont forget it must let 73% OF natural light cops have machine to measure it and will insith you remove it of take it off for yu depending if the copper as had a bad day or not it could leed to £60 fine and 3 points

never seen anyone get 3 points off the license and 60 pounds , but if u have it very dark its 30 pound fine and you have to take it off .

The only advice i can give you is make sure the tint isn't too dark. I have a Chrysler Voyger that has factory fitted tinted windows but at night they are really hard to see out of when reversing. :-)

Edited by jojo1969
mistake

I know of several people who havehad 3 points for illegal tints, they are cracking down more than you think

I have to add, I LOLd at the individual who insisted on doing it yourself. Why would one do it themselves, if they want someone else to do it? Tints are not easy, especially if you want a good job with no bubbles etc. I always laugh at cars with poor DIY tint jobs, it's naff!

never seen anyone get 3 points off the license and 60 pounds , but if u have it very dark its 30 pound fine and you have to take it off .

Yes you can get 3pts, was in my mates car about a month ago and his front tints were light ones but the copper put a machine to the window and the light tints were still illegal.

The copper gave him a fine but told him that had he pulled him over at night he would have given him 3pts as well.

I have had tinted cars in the past but to be honest I have gone off them now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...