Car window tinting MEGATHREAD

There are loads of threads on here regarding tinting, but if you want complete blackout then just buy a roll of black Fablon (sticky back plastic) for about £4 and use that, I have done this on my truck and you can't tell the difference from a professional job.

Just a quick note to all the people that have got tinted windows, I have just finished taking my drivers and passengers side tints out as I was pulled by south yorkshire police this morning as you have to have 75% VLT (visual light transmission) coming through the window and my tint was only letting in 23% hence the removal. The police say that they are clamping down on the front 2 windows being tinted and you can recieve a 30 quid on the spot fine.

Does anyone know how to get the adhesive off the window as the tint has left a residue. I have tried nail polish remover, white spirits and some B&Q adhesive remover wipes.

I had the same problem with this snd the adhesive. I waited till a very cold day and it just peels off with your fingers sound strange but that was easiest i found to get it off

• 6 months later...

Mine were done by protint over a year ago. They did an excellent job, really nice people. I ended up having a good long chat with the owner before I left. I was also told by various people before I took mine in that because of the curve in my rear widescreen that it had to be done in strips. Apparently not :)

My only issue was that my rear windscreen demister got damaged which is always a risk with tints, especially when you have an ancient car where it was barely working in the first place ;) I think in newer cars the demister wires are inside the glass rather than being attached to it?

Anyways, I could definitely recommend them.