What is your best clubbing experience?

slimsid2000

Walking down the steel staircase in Arches for the very first time and seeing a pulsing, seething mass of bodies on the dancefloor.

Spot on mate! :D When I went to my first Headcharge at the old Arches, and I walked down those stairs to be greeted with so many smiles and a soundtrack of pounding acid techno, I thought 'I have found God!' Ha Ha, had some legendary nights in there (the ones I can remember), and may I add that the Headcharge Warehouse Party up near Hillsborough was also up there with the best!

Spot on mate! :D When I went to my first Headcharge at the old Arches, and I walked down those stairs to be greeted with so many smiles and a soundtrack of pounding acid techno, I thought 'I have found God!' Ha Ha, had some legendary nights in there (the ones I can remember), and may I add that the Headcharge Warehouse Party up near Hillsborough was also up there with the best!

Och! Headcharge! I remember those days at the Wicker Arches 10 years ago, and it was at Headcharge that I met a transvestite for the very first time. Such a wierd experience at the time, and I remember that I was fascinated in asking her, to find out what made a person like that tick! The very same tranny is STILL out there on the scene, BTW, and I owe a lot to her for plucking up the courage to go out dressed myself!

To be brutally honest, my own best clubbing experiences have been where I have been the drag host, and done a great, trouble-free drag cabaret at verious gay nights in this country and abroad.

My favourite in Sheffield was at Razor Stiletto, December 2005 (Razor is ALWAYS a good night), when I won the Sheffield Glamorous Tranny competition with my rendition of Wuthering Heights.

Also, not forgetting Rotherham, I know clubbing there is nowhere near as active as Sheffield, but I was the drag host at a gay night at Studio/Milanos for several months, and I am so proud how I (and my friend who was DJ) managed to really get the crowd going -and get them coming back fortnight after fortnight- for a really enjoyable night!:love:

Probably a Pendragon at Brixton Academy 6 or 7 years ago - its such an epic venue (4500 capacity) that you have the sort of experience you cannot really have in Sheffield - some of my fave Djs like Beamish, Oberon & Mark Sinclair were at the top of their game and to see them rocking that many people was quite special. The short lived Destination Venus brought a taste of that to Sheffield for a year - and some of those were magical...

The Arches was probably the best club I've been to - and no doubt will get reminissed about for years to come. I was never a big fan of the music at Headcarge but the atmosphere and people made it a great night out. Overall though Planet Zogg has probably proved me with my fave momments - seven years down the line and its kept it lovely crowd, great music and attention to detail in decor etc

Other memories of not stricly clubbing but dance music- lost of free parties - Gardener St, lawrencefield, stocksbridge, ladybower etc etc lots of festivals abroad - and probably my all time fave - dancing on the beach at the Samothraki festival as the sun came up over the Aegean... again you cannot really get that on wet october in Sheffield!

Och! Headcharge! I remember those days at the Wicker Arches 10 years ago, and it was at Headcharge that I met a transvestite for the very first time. Such a wierd experience at the time, and I remember that I was fascinated in asking her, to find out what made a person like that tick! The very same tranny is STILL out there on the scene, BTW, and I owe a lot to her for plucking up the courage to go out dressed myself!

To be brutally honest, my own best clubbing experiences have been where I have been the drag host, and done a great, trouble-free drag cabaret at verious gay nights in this country and abroad.

My favourite in Sheffield was at Razor Stiletto, December 2005 (Razor is ALWAYS a good night), when I won the Sheffield Glamorous Tranny competition with my rendition of Wuthering Heights.

Also, not forgetting Rotherham, I know clubbing there is nowhere near as active as Sheffield, but I was the drag host at a gay night at Studio/Milanos for several months, and I am so proud how I (and my friend who was DJ) managed to really get the crowd going -and get them coming back fortnight after fortnight- for a really enjoyable night!:love:

Hmmmm, so all your best nights have been when YOU are performing? Sound like you're a bit up yourself if you ask me.

Hmmmm, so all your best nights have been when YOU are performing? Sound like you're a bit up yourself if you ask me.

Got agree with this dude. Razor Stilletto, however successful it is and fairplay to it. It is by far just a glam thang. Musically it is very poor. I have yet to go to a gay night in the UK where the music has been proper hot. The closest good gay night that I last enjoyed was Trash at Kikis and that was for the 2nd room. Compared with Trax (francois Kerviokaran) and the World (Frankie Knuckles) (NY) the Uk gay nights lack substance and musically freedom. (that was a great record incidentally)...............:hihi:

Got agree with this dude. Razor Stilletto, however successful it is and fairplay to it. It is by far just a glam thang. Musically it is very poor. I have yet to go to a gay night in the UK where the music has been proper hot. The closest good gay night that I last enjoyed was Trash at Kikis and that was for the 2nd room. Compared with Trax (francois Kerviokaran) and the World (Frankie Knuckles) (NY) the Uk gay nights lack substance and musically freedom. (that was a great record incidentally)...............:hihi:

Vague at the Warehouse in Leeds was musically good in the early/mid 90's. As a straight person I could completely get what they were doing.

Archived