Is Sheffield good for a night out? Why do other places seem better?

*Ryan*

Problem is everything in Sheffield is all the same, except for the excellent pubs serving excellent beer on the periphery of the town centre and in the case of The Dev. Cat in it, everywhere else is so soul-less and sticky floored. Division Street used to be a little bit special but every bar is just an anonymous drinking hole now, usually pretty ropey music and equally ropey drinks and bar staff, unfortunately some places also have delusions of being somehow exclusive. Also the lack of restaurants and quieter bars means you tend to just get one crowd. I've lived here 7 years, I love the city, wouldn't wish to live in Leeds, Manchester or Newcastle but tend to avoid Sheffield City Centre for nights out these days.

Its not that they are better its just that you are too used to sheffield.

I have been, brum, leeds, swansea and essexy in the last few weeks and non of them compare really.

plug ftw, particularly urban gorilla and twisted ooooooo and kissdafunk

It seems better because its unfamiliar.

That and manchester actually is loads better!

Depends what sort of stuff you like! I've been to Manchester loads of times, and I've only come away a handful of times and though "that was a great night", and they were all Sequence at The Attic.

I'm off to a few of the Warehouse Project shows this December. Aphex Twin, Luke Vibert and Grant-Wilson Claridge. Yes sir.

Do you get me, places such as Manchester, Leeds and Newcastle..

Whats your take on this?

I am sure people in these towns probably think Sheffield is better when they come here once in a blue moon. It's all about the change of scenery, surely. Going to the same places all the time is boring, I should know, do it all the time, but love it when I go to Leeds, Manchester, but still love Sheffield.:thumbsup:

Depends what sort of stuff you like! I've been to Manchester loads of times, and I've only come away a handful of times and though "that was a great night", and they were all Sequence at The Attic.

I'm off to a few of the Warehouse Project shows this December. Aphex Twin, Luke Vibert and Grant-Wilson Claridge. Yes sir.

Sankeys is good man you should try that if you're in Manchester again. Im supposed to be going to the Warehouse Proj with Soulwax and Boys Noize soon, I've not been before, what are they like? Obv looking forward to the DJs but just meant the venue and crowd. cheers

Sankeys is good man you should try that if you're in Manchester again. Im supposed to be going to the Warehouse Proj with Soulwax and Boys Noize soon, I've not been before, what are they like? Obv looking forward to the DJs but just meant the venue and crowd. cheers

I like Sankeys as a venue but not the events they put on. Although when I was there last I had an interesting conversation with a man from Burnley, who told me he was going to be the most famous poet in England within 5 years.

Warehouse Project has moved this year, and I haven't been to the current venue before. Last years show with LFO was brilliant though.

Maybe people in those cities actually show support for nights that try and do something different instead of constantly moanin how there's nothing to do.

Don't get me wrong - sheffield can be borrrrrrrrrrrrin sometimes but past and present there has been plenty of people in all spheres of music who have tried/are trying to give variety. If people don't support them then they get what they deserve.

:) Sounds a very negative post but i've been out loads in both leeds and manchester and once you get past the excitement of being in a different city for the night i've had equally good nights out in sheffield.

Archived