Canadian journalist needs help

sarahkennedy

Unless there is specific knowledge to the contary, it is unlikely that the original cup is in London.

Sorry, I did'nt explain further in my post, the holders of the Cup have brought it with them for the game in London, not that it was here permanently. I am assuming it is the original, and has already been photographed with the players on the London Eye.

I understood you, but I still think it is very unlikely they brought the original. The replicas are the 'travelling' Stanley Cups. They are used, for example, when the 'cup' visits the home town of each member of the victorious team each summer.

Like the Ashes at Lords, the Stanley Cup has a permanent home in the Hockey Hall of Fame in Toronto. Teams 'win' it but they don't keep it at home.

Hugh

I'm glad someone is trying to find out. I've often though of trying to track down the manufacturer myself. If Tony's post doesn't get you a long way ahead, maybe the city museums can help.

Lastyz, that wasn't the Ducks in the London Eye, they are not going till tomorrow. I know the Cup was in London last year though. (Even though they beat my guys in the Final they are not talented enough to be in two places at once....not even Niedermayer)

Archived