Yvonne Clapperton

brodie

Just had a 10 minute listen to my tape to see how she worded things and she wasn't like that in my reading. She was more like "Who is Dawn on your mum's side?" (She's my mum's cousins daughter) or "You have someone in your circle of friends called Sarah" (My best friend was Sarah) - She was more direct. The only thing that she did ask me was " Do you have a brother?" Which I answered "You tell me". She replied "I see a brother but he is a lot older than you, so he's more like a father figure" ~ My brother is 17 years older than me. She then went on to discribe his job (Health and Safety Manager with a large American Company where he travels worldwide) in great detail even telling me which countries he had visited. So, I my case she was pretty accurate.

• 5 years later...

I have been to see Yvonne on several occassions, she has been right pretty much on all major things. As soon as she saw me she said you have a brother called X and you don't want to talk about him, no I didn't he abused me as a child. She told me my husband would die before his 50th birthday and he did. Told me my one of my other brothers had a problem with his back, I said yes and who it was, she said no he is ok it is your other brother, I was adamant she was wrong. But she was right he died of cancer in his spine 2 years ago. She also told me I had a miscarraige and he was a little boy, said he was stood by my chair so as not to be forgotton and only I would understand what he meant by that. Pretty scarey when she gets it spot on. The last time I saw her she was recovering from cancer and I asked had she not 'seen' that coming, obviously I wasn't being rude but she said she cannot read for herself and has to go to see someone herself.

I'd like to believe in clairvoyance and have been to them (and tarot readers etc) in the past, and although I can't disprove it nor want to dispel it like those who like to show off, I tend to be more sceptical.

Shouldn't they not give out bad news?

Ha, I just joined Sheff Forum (yay, excuse if any ignorant faux pas) and this thread jumped out. My Mom went to see Yvonne several times many moons ago and she told her my dad would die in his early forties (49) and that one of her sons would travel a lot (hence me only just registering here).

She told her other stuff but obviously that's what stuck in my mind.

btw my brothers ex believed until she was 20 that clairvoyant was an actual woman called Claire Voyant.

---------- Post added 29-04-2013 at 21:50 ----------

OK. So this is where it gets a little twilight freaky. I posted my last comment before reading all the previous posts with the intention of reading them after (I was just itching to type). I notice another user who joined in April 13 and started to read. IT'S ONLY MY MOM!

Yvonne, you win. End of discussion.

---------- Post added 29-04-2013 at 21:52 ----------

btw mom, you definately said early 40's, not before 50. Wishful thinking? He wasn't that bad.

I went to see her about 15 years ago when she lived on Chesterfield rd. She told me that much stuff that things were bound to come true. All in all about half the things she told me came true. She told me that i would become a young widow, which to this day still haunts me as i'm very happily married and i'm now 35, so i'm just hoping thats one of the things that she were wrong about.

I went to see Yvonne Clapperton about 12 years ago and she told me similar things. She told me that I'd be a young widow, but that I would marry again but that husband would die before me too. I wish she hadn't said that to me because, while it doesn't rule my life, it's always in the back of my mind.

I take comfort in the fact that she got most things wrong. She told me that, despite having health problems and being creaking gates for years, my parents would live to a ripe old age. Well, my Dad died at 66 and my Mum at 70. I don't consider either of them to be ripe old ages!

She also told me I'd have two children - a girl first and then a boy. I've only got one boy with no chance of having any more children now.

To be fair, she did get one thing right. When I went to see her she told me I would be married within 18 months. I literally laughed in her face at this. At the time I'd just gone through a very acrimonious split with my ex and wasn't interested in a relationship of any sort, so I thought it was complete boloney. Though within a couple of months I met my soulmate and we were married about a year later. We're still together 12 years later! :)

Went to see her about 2 years and she was absolutely rubbish everything she said was so far from the truth it was embarrasing. She said things would happen that didn't and has never mentioned anything about major things that have happened . She is just so random

• 2 weeks later...

Archived