Please help me find a nice restaurant

bubbly

Im lookin for somewhere to go for a meal, we don't want it to be too busy and we want to be able to stay for drinks after we have finished eating and not to be rushed out, please help

Did you want to stay central? How far are you prepared to travel? How much do you want to spend?

Have you been since the new management team took over in June / July?

The chefs, decor and menu has changed since then. I think you will find the prices now good value compared to similar places.

... but i agree, if its not want you like then your welcome to your views.

I dont like mcdonnalds, but 4 billion people can not be wrong!

Have you improved the wine list? Is the miserable middle aged man behind the bar still there. He made ordering a drink so uncomfortable none of us ever wanted to go to order, so decided to leave. This was on three occassions last year.

A great location, a nice place; awful sickening carpet. The food looks good, but the fixed dining times were a pain.

Can you confirm improvements on any of these?

has anyone eaten at the hilton hotel restaurant?

It's ok, slightly expensive (as you'd expect) and the food is good, but not exceptional. I'd recommend Nonna's on Ecclesall Road, it's as expensive as the Hilton but the food is out of this world.

Have you improved the wine list? Is the miserable middle aged man behind the bar still there. He made ordering a drink so uncomfortable none of us ever wanted to go to order, so decided to leave. This was on three occassions last year.

A great location, a nice place; awful sickening carpet. The food looks good, but the fixed dining times were a pain.

Can you confirm improvements on any of these?

Wine list - yes, and have a wine of the month

Miserable middle aged man - nope, gone, went with the old chef. now got three young cocktail bar tenders (more mojito than pina colada)

Carpet - still outside the toilets upstairs but all wooden floors

Food - still good

Opening times - 7 days a week, 11am until 11pm, all through the day.

check it out, a sheffield restaurant, owned by sheffielders and ran by sheffielders

Miserable middle aged man - nope, gone, went with the old chef. now got three young cocktail bar tenders (more mojito than pina colada)

Shame the mojito's aren't better then (so sweet they made my eyes water!) Get them to take a mojito lesson at Cubana's or Las Iguanas. I do, however, agree that the food at the Dam House is very nice in the evening - daytime menu average at best.

Archived