What Are The Most Soulless Towns Or Place In The UK

My band played a gig in Crewe. There's nothing there, not even people. Think we saw about 3 people the whole time we were there, and we were there all weekend.
My recollection of Crewe was of that god awful train station. Waiting with kit bag and hammock for my next train to my ship. I didn't even think there was a town there.

My band played a gig in Crewe. There's nothing there, not even people. Think we saw about 3 people the whole time we were there, and we were there all weekend.

In the Limelight was it? The only venue I've been to where I was tempted to yell 'yerfookincun' (one of the many charming Crewisms) to a bouncer in the hope I would be rendered unconscious and so not have to experience the horror of Crewe a moment longer.

Having spent my formative years as a "Crewie" I would argue that to raise a child there is tantamount to abuse. How my heart sang when I left for University in Sheffield six years ago.

Ugly, dirty, pointless and above all, just plain crap. Surely the arsehole of the North West.

Best appreciated from the inside of a train at Platform 1. :|

When I saw the thread I thought yes Harlow, I lived there for a few years a while back and the place is terrible, your description very accurate is though you forgot the people, I only met one decent person in the whole damn town.

surprisingly, I actually found the people there overall to be quite pleasant and cheerful, which part of Harlow did you live in?