Pub on corner of Burgoyne rd Walkley

kitty123

There's no mention of a pub situated on the corner of South Road and Burgoyne in W A Banks's research.

Burgoyne Road only goes up as far Walkley Street. Above that is Hadfield Street. It wouldn't be South Road in any case. Howard Road doesn't become South Road until it gets to Cundy Street.

Who is WA Banks?

Hugh :)

I have the 1925 directory, which shows No 310 as being occupied by "Arthur Haywood, Beerhouse". The 1973 directory has "P.F. Mooney, plumber" at No 310

Aha! This person might be related to the Mooney gang. (The subject of many threads on this forum). Hence the earlier mention of gamgsters. (I am sure this person is not a gangster though :D)

Hugh

Aha! This person might be related to the Mooney gang. (The subject of many threads on this forum). Hence the earlier mention of gamgsters. (I am sure this person is not a gangster though :D)

Hugh

Thank u a soo much, ar the tyreads reting to the mooney gang on here?

• 3 years later...

I used to live at 310 Burgoyne Road during the mid to late eightees, it was a really unique house which as i understand had been a shop and a pub in years previous, i think the name of the pub was The Municipal Arms. There was also some reference to Frank Mooney as his name was wrote in concrete above the back porch door.

Archived