Russian Martial Art - Systema

Zeal

Hi Big Godders

The training consists of all aspects of fighting - kicks, punches, locks and holds (and how to escape from them), ground fighting, defense against weapons and multiple opponents. We also train extensively in a variety of breathing and conditioning exercises unique to the Russian system.

The sessions are physical rather than technical - you will sweat!!!

We practice a seemingly unlimited amount of movement drills with natural relaxed body movement being emphasized over specific techniques. There are no pre-set movement routines (kata) and also no grading system.

The atmosphere of the classes is friendly and non-competitive as the goal is for everyone to learn.

A couple of good sources of information are russianmartialart.com and systemauk.com. YouTube also has a ton of clips which can help to give a flavour of the type of training we do.

Also there are a few different types of Systema, the style we do is that taught by Mikhail Ryabko and Vladimir Vasiliev who I am learning from.

Training venue will be as close to the city centre as I can find and probably be on a weekday evening or maybe weekend. I will contact interested people when it's confirmed.

Hope this answers some questions

NICK

• 4 years later...

All the Charity shops I have asked cannot or don't accept electrical goods as a H & Safety precaution. I believe there is an organisation in Sheffield who take old pc's etc & salvage the parts but I don't know who or where they are.

Archived