Does anyone like breakbeat?

Dan_Random

Does anyone know what breakbeat is ????

I've been DJing this sort of music for the past 4 or 5 years and always find that people like it, they just don't know what it's called.

The top guys in breakbeat or breaks are the likes of The Plump DJ's, Adam Freeland and Stanton Warriors. The best description I've heard of it is...

"Well, house music goes Boom Boom Boom Boom, whereas breaks goes Boom tish Boom Boom tish."

It'd be good to find some other breaks fans in Sheff :D

no doubt you've visited breakbeat dot co dot uk? for nights in Sheffield

I had the pleasure of DJing with Kickflip on sunday night at the Runaway Girl for Respite, the guy knows his breakbeat thats for sure and his latest releases seem to have a certain funky flavour combined with old school rave that makes it so damn pleasing on the ear!! Found this snippet on juno (http://mp3.juno.co.uk/MP3/SF263063-01-01-01.mp3)...

I definately think its on the up, it doesnt take much hunting around to find small bedroom breaks producers who are pumping out some class tunes that still radiate technical ability. Came across 'Beta' and 'C83' the other day and found a lot of really bass heavy breaks which made me so so happy when i listened to it. As a breaks DJ i dont think theres been a better time since adam freelands pioneering moments of the 90's and Meat Katies drive for dominance a couple of years back (dont think the guy has every relinquished this push to the top actually). Im also liking where its goin as it starts to clash with the nu rave scene (although i hate the branding of it). DJs like Kissy Sell Out and Erol Alkan (to an extent) have adopted the snap of the breakbeat without actually labelling it breakbeat - kinda cross between breaks/tech-house/nu rave (god knows what you call that but it usually involves lots of guitar riffs). Anyway thats my penniths worth, its been a while since ive posted but if theres more posts like this i'll post more! :-)

Urban Gorilla used to be breaks but seems to be supporting many genres of house music now. Mainly tech house and minimal as well as breaks.

Hi guys, Urban Gorilla's sister night BUG at DQ is now where breaks is getting played regularly, we have Tayo's Tracksuit Party next friday, Plump DJs in November and Kickflip is our resident DJ.. :thumbsup:

right on...unfortunately i will be going to sankeys instead. Tayo was suppose to be on at the MTV stage at the Exit festival this summer but they had technical difficulties, instead put him on the main stage which must of had a capacity of 20,000. The bloke was amazing, obvisously he didnt fill it but he definately put smiles on peoples faces! Great touch at the end of his set to mix his last track in then get in the crowd and start dancing with the crowd for the last 5 mins!

Archived