The UKs Child Rescue Alert system

The UKs Child RESCUE Alert system which is based on the US Version Amber Alert was used in the Uk for the first time..But was slow to Air on TV & Radio.

Is the system a good idea and do Radio & TV need to respond earlier what everybody thought of this?

I think that it is an excellent idea if it gives our children added security. It has to be a disincentive to a would be child abducter if he/she thought that a national alert had gone out.

Do phone/radio/tv companies put these alerts out for free? I'm afraid that I don't really know much about the nuts and bolts of it. What was the delay in the recent case? Perhaps it was just teething probs with it being the first time it had been used.

I don't know very much about it but apparently it is used in the States and is in operation in the south of England. As soon as it's realised that a child is missing all broadcasts on tv and radio are interupted with alerts so that people can be on the look out for them in case they have been abducted.

I think a photo goes out on air also and text messages are sent out to mobile phones.

Archived