Goodison family of Heeley

DUFFEMS

I'm doing my family history research and I would like to connect with any members of the Goodison family who lived in Heeley please.

In particular, any descendants of Ethel Goodison or her siblings, she was born in 1884 and was the daughter of John & Ellen Goodison of Carfield Road.

Ethel Goodison married Walter Wildgoose and had children Lily, Albert and Minnie and they lived in Florence Place,Heeley which was just off Gleadless Road. Ethel sadly died in 1923 and her children were believed to have then lived with their Wildgoose relatives.

If anyone has any information I would be extremely grateful as I've been trying to find Ethel's relatives for some years now so this is a sort of last resort.

Regards.

Hi Duffems.

I you go to the Sheffield FHS site you will see that Marlene C is researching this family.

http://www.sheffieldfhs.org.uk

There is also information at

http://sheff-indexers.thewholeshebang.org/index.html

I have just been to Kew and have the attestation papers for Walter WILDGOOSE who was killed in action on the 18/2/1917 His next of kin was Ethel and she lived at 10 Florence Rd off Gleadless Road.

These are for Marlene.

Hi shazzamatazza,

In particular I'm looking for anyone related to Ethel Wildgoose (nee Goodison). Ethel was one of several siblings who were from Heeley, I would like to find any family information about the Goodisons other than the information I have which has been obtained from censuses up to 1901 but, after that I know nothing of them.

I'd be obliged for any background information about the Goodison family please, however small and, any relevant information regarding Ethel who had 3 children named Lily,Albert and Minnie.

I realise it was a long time ago but, there must be descendants which I'd like to trace.

Regards,

Duffem

Found out that my mums family lived at 16 Gleadless Road, her nan was Erby & husband Joseph. They had 6 kids, 4 boys, Joseph, Arthur, Ernest & Jack 2 girls Cora & Constance (Connie), none of the above are still alive, Jackwas the last to go dying just 4 months ago in his 90's. Don't think they are who you wanted to know about but they may be part of the larger family?? Good luck

Archived