Birthday pressie ideas

Its my better half's 40th next month - I've asked her if there's anything special she'd like - "surprise me" she says:confused:

I do know that jewellrey is a no-no as she only wears a watch.

Any ideas? Looking at a budget of about £150.00 (tight you may say but she's having a big party and I'm taking her away as well, plus its 6 days before xmas - great timing!!)

We have over 450 unusual presents on our gifts and experiences website at http://www.buyagift.co.uk/newdawn

These are the cheapest packages on the net and have a 120% money back guarantee should you find cheaper.

Not only that but we will give you an extra £5 off every purchase, just enter the code shown on the first page.

Originally posted by WALLBUILDER

Take her out clothes shopping and make out you're loving it, that'll be a surprise she wont forget in a hurry!!

Damn right it'll be a surprise!!

Must make sure i tape up the corners of my mouth so that I have a permanant smile!!

No, the way to show interest is to point out articles of clothing, suggest things for her to try on and whatever you do don't start looking at your watch. Oh and also ask her to come out and show you what she looks like and try and be slightly original with your responses. If you hate it say so it'll probably mean another hour or so for you standing there with aching feet and looking longingly at the one chair that is covered in clothing that the sales assistant hasn't replaced [don't attempt to move it yourself by the way] but your beloved will love you.

Is there anything that you know she likes but you wouldn't normally even think of getting her?

Personally speaking - what I usually mean by "surprise me" is "listen to my hints and I'll tell you". You will probably find that she will comment on various things over the next couple of weeks - there may be more than one thing but that is where the surprise comes in, she wants you to choose.

Also if you are really struck try asking her best friend or sister if she has one.

Originally posted by wendy

- what I usually mean by "surprise me" is "listen to my hints and I'll tell you". You will probably find that she will comment on various things over the next couple of weeks -

Have you noticed any catalogues or mags lying about with big, red circles round stuff???

Originally posted by Strix

Have you noticed any catalogues or mags lying about with big, red circles round stuff???

Aha - now that you mention it!!!!

Whilst surfing (cant remember if it was on the above site) I found a great little pressie - buy a piece of land in Scotland and get a certificate etc confirming that my good lady will be a Laird of Glencairn.

It will probably only be enough land to fit on foot on but it sounds impressive.

So that can be the surprise - now all I have to do is decide which of the "circled" pressies to get.

Was really worried as on my 30th this year (yes she's older and its great harking back to a previous thread!!) she got me a track day in a Formula Ford - a total and utter surprise. How the hell do I top that?!

Anyway, thanks guys.

Archived