Birthday pressie ideas

Originally posted by coopster1974

Whilst surfing (cant remember if it was on the above site) I found a great little pressie - buy a piece of land in Scotland and get a certificate etc confirming that my good lady will be a Laird of Glencairn.

It will probably only be enough land to fit on foot on but it sounds impressive.

Sounds like a complete waste of money to me...

Originally posted by msmouse

Sounds like a complete waste of money to me...

But I never said how much it cost - what you have done is called "jumping the gun". Would you feel the same if I told you it only cost 20 pence? Possibly not.

BTW its more than 20 pence but what price originality?

But I never said how much it cost - what you have done is called "jumping the gun". Would you feel the same if I told you it only cost 20 pence? Possibly not.

BTW its more than 20 pence but what price originality?

I have to agree with MsMouse. Don't buy the plot of land unless it IS only 20p. It's a really novel idea, but a bit useless. I'm trying to be constructive.

However, I'm sure that whatever you buy, providing you show that you've put some thought into it (which you obviously ARE doing), she will love it.

Ooooh, and personally, I think £150 is VERY generous of you!

See msmouse - thats the way to respond. Cheers BG

Negative, unhelpful and quite frankly useless oneliners get you nowhere!!

BTW - this is a legal title and genuinely entitles the owner to use Laird or Lady. It can even be left in your will. And yes, as a land owner of Glencaird you can visit the estate.

For £22 I not going to argue! And it certainly beats a bottle of JPG which seems to have been the staple purchase for the last 10 years! Although I will probably get one anyway........

Now all I have to do is decide where to take her for a weekend away - I think she is expecting somewhere warmish, barcelona perhaps. I however am tempted by Centre Parcs - great place to go in the winter, nice walks through the woods, late night outdoor swimming, cuddling up in front of a log fire.

I've told her I'll only tell her where we're going on the day we go so I have to judge this one right.

Ideas?

Now all I have to do is decide where to take her for a weekend away - I think she is expecting somewhere warmish, barcelona perhaps. I however am tempted by Centre Parcs - great place to go in the winter, nice walks through the woods, late night outdoor swimming, cuddling up in front of a log fire.

I've told her I'll only tell her where we're going on the day we go so I have to judge this one right.

Ideas?

I've been to Barcelona, and it's beautiful, but not so sure how romantic. And it's blummin' expensive (both to fly there/stay there/eat and drink etc).

I've just got back from Prague and it was cheap to book the flights and stay there. The downside is that it's gonna be cold now, and the people are a bit frosty too. But it is just spectacular to look round (if by any chance you decide this, let me know and I'll let you know where we stopped/who we flew with etc).

BUT! I'm loving the log fire idea! Now THAT'S romance! She'll be putty in yer hands, mate! Or a Scotish log cabin near a loch!

Good luck!

• 6 years later...

Archived