Car insurance- finding cheap insurance for young drivers

fandl

That sounds cheap for somebody that as just passed their test even for 3rd party.

:suspect:

well i got discount left right and center, 10% off for applying online, another 10% because i have a relative also on Direct Line etc. I am under my dads name for insurance, but as it is Direct Line they give me my own policy and I am the Named driver etc, just as it would be if i had applied seperately.

Car insurance for the under 25's is an absolute joke.....

I am 24 and have been driving for nearly 7 years, but to get me and my girlfriend insured on a little car (secure parking), we were looking at nothing under £1100!

I hate it how they think just because some under 25's drive like idiots, that they all do!

well i got discount left right and center, 10% off for applying online, another 10% because i have a relative also on Direct Line etc. I am under my dads name for insurance, but as it is Direct Line they give me my own policy and I am the Named driver etc, just as it would be if i had applied seperately.

Are you sure, it sounds like fronting to me, a dodgy practice at best, we tried direct line for our 17 year old son and was quoted twice what you are paying and that was for a 1.1 Saxo, something doesn’t add up somewhere.

:huh:

http://www.fairinvestment.co.uk/insurance-news-%E2%80%98Fronting%E2%80%99-on-car-insurance-policies-deemed-'false-economy'-475.html

Insurers are no longer turning a blind eye when parents take out a car insurance policy and add their child – who is actually the main driver – to the policy as a way of lowering costs; a practice known as ‘fronting’. Some insurers have even changed their underwriting criteria in response to this by charging for the highest risk driver on the policy, even when this is not the stated main driver.

“Not telling the truth about who is the principal driver is a fundamental breach of trust and is technically fraud, which may result in a policy being cancelled and any claim refused,”

• 3 years later...

Just remember to ask them if they charge any extras, such as:-

An annual policy charge.

Change of vehicle.

Change of details.

Register a claim.

The Hastings group are red hot at this, only insure with a company who's charges are clear and open.

Archived