The Peacock, Owler Bar

room30

I feel the need to let others know about the terrible customer service that i received some months ago from the Peacock.

We brought my mum home from her hospital stay in Western Park in the last few weeks of her life. When she got home she said that she had been dreaming of going to the Peacock and having her favourite meal- Whitebate. I phoned the Peacock in advance that evening, fully explaining the situation, that my mum, seriously ill, had been in hospital for two months and had been looking forward to going out to eat her favourite meal. I explained that she was unable to walk and that it would be difficult for her to go inside as she was very weak. I asked if i could come inside, collect her meal and take it to her in the car, then return the plate to them when she had finished. The female replied 'Sorry, that won't be possible'- with no explanation given as to why, i asked to speak to the manager. She was as unhelpful and as unkind as the first person. She said that they were far too busy to deal with my request and that my mum would be a health and safety issue as she was ill. I replied that i couldn't believe her response and that i was disgusted. Incidentally, i contacted the Millstone in Hathersage with the same request and they were amazing, saying that nothing was too much trouble. Also, Marco at Milano's once offered for me to take the plates home to her and bring them back the next day.

Thanks for reading x

Originally posted by room30

I feel the need to let others know about the terrible customer service that i received some months ago from the Peacock.

We had a crap meal with crap service at the Peacock and vowed we would never go back..... and we haven't. That was over 20 years ago - glad to hear I'm still not missing anything.

We took the family earlier this year after hearing excellent reports since the refurbishment. It turned out to be just part of a huge chain of pubs and the food was very poor. Service was incredibly slow....an hour to serve 5 people and the food was cold.

We complained and vowed never to go back again.

Archived