Old Manor Estate Residents

dj sie

yes ,Harold lived on fitzhubert , but both sadly gone

I'm sorry to hear that Ivy, any idea how long ago.

I remember Harold and wife splitting, Sue i think her name was, he took that pretty badly

I'm sorry to hear that Ivy, any idea how long ago.

I remember Harold and wife splitting, Sue i think her name was, he took that pretty badly

Harold was my step dad. He died in 2001.

Albert died in 2013.

I lived on Beaumont Rd North from the early 70s to the early 80s i went to Pipworth Road infants and juniors, Best Friends back then were Deke Green, Carl Dean, Keighley Barlow and Darren Wilson, other people i hanged around with were Paul Day Billy Wood and Colin Pickering.

Edited by anthon bates

• 2 years later...

i lived on the manor from being born in 1944 until 1955,my name Ken Gray,but iwas brought up by my grandparents,their name was,George and Edith Jenkinson.they had 3 sons Reg,ken and Henry and a daughter Rita.

Yes I remember Stephen. He lived around the corner from Woodthorpe close on Queen Mary Road. He had an older sister called Lynn and I believe a younger sister but I can't remember her name. They were a really nice family.I am sorry I don't know where Stephen lives now but the last time I saw Lynn I think she was living in gleadless area.

Yes I remember Stephen. He lived around the corner from Woodthorpe close on Queen Mary Road. He had an older sister called Lynn and I believe a younger sister but I can't remember her name. They were a really nice family.I am sorry I don't know where Stephen lives now but the last time I saw Lynn I think she was living in gleadless area.

Thanks for that. He seems to have disappeared!. Let me know if you hear any more.

Used to live on Windy House Lane myself just down from the roundabout, in the 80's you'd have probably seen us knocking around ..... Gallagher, Stevenson, Hara & Beresford

Edited by Markstevo

The old Manor, eh. Got quite a few memories...

Going to my mate Kev Hardy's house on The Circle every Saturday for head-banging to Sabbath and Led Zep, cards, fish 'n chips and bottles of Double Diamond from the off sales at the Steel Inn. Who would have imagined he'd end up as DSI in South Yorkshire Police!

Waltheof School - the brutal beatings from Matt Marshall, Ben Holland, et al.

Pipworth School's head was the formidable EW Wadsworth, who'd taught me at Woodbourn School in the 60s. She couldn't believe it when my wife (Mrs Damms) rocked up there as a newly qualified teacher in 1978.

Happy days.