Old Manor Estate Residents

dj sie

I knew the Hardings that lived on Riddings Close, I knocked around with Mac Harding In the sixties he now lives in Chapel St Leonards.

It was his brother Pete who lost his life in the floods in the Wicker area. I lived at No 123 Harborough Ave.

I worked with Mac Harding in the mill at Woodheads.

i lived on alison cresent some years ago before they knocked them down i can remember a family called the bookers and i remember a family who lived close by to them i cant remember their name but there were 5 girls i think one was called janet they went to pipworth junior school can anybody remember them :huh:

The local studies lib in the Central has lots of pictures. Or you can go on line to Picture Sheffield where you can copy some off or buy copies. I recently visited the site and saw one of Woodthorpe Close.

Where on Picture Sheffield is this picture of Woodthorpe Close ??

I've had a good look and I can't find it... :(

Plenty of the Manor, but not Woodthorpe Close.. :(

hi

i lived on manor estate from 64 to around 86 and lived on alison crescent but cannot remember the redfearns. do you remember any other names from that time?

There were also some Perkins on Queen Mary Road and the Hollands next door to the Perkins on Harborough Ave??

Where on Picture Sheffield is this picture of Woodthorpe Close ??

I've had a good look and I can't find it... :(

Plenty of the Manor, but not Woodthorpe Close.. :(

Yes just checked myself it's not there. Either I confused it with Waltheof Road or it's been removed. The demolition pictures were not on when I first looked, so they could have changed the site. You probably will have to pop in to Local Studies in the Central Lib. I know for a start that there are at least 4 ariel pictures of the Manor in 1930 that are not on the site now. One has the the roads around Standhouse.

Could scan that one and send it by e-mail?

I knew the Hardings that lived on Riddings Close, I knocked around with Mac Harding In the sixties he now lives in Chapel St Leonards.

It was his brother Pete who lost his life in the floods in the Wicker area. I lived at No 123 Harborough Ave.

i lived just round the corner from you on holbrook road ,went to woodthorpe school,left in 65

Where did the house numbering start and finish on Fitzubet Road and Queen Mary Road?

When posting mention ?? Queen Mary Road or Fitzubert Road it would be useful if after mentioning the number they added the road close bye. Such as Paylor close on the left and Windy House Lane on the right. Gives some idea where they were.