The old Dance hall on White lane, Gleadless

lee1112

Yes I used to go dancing there when I was young. Think it was called the Azena and across the road was the Old Harrow pub where we all met before going dancing.

I didn't see the beatles there but I heard that they did play there.

hazel

• 2 weeks later...

yes it was called the Azens ballroom,it was closed for many years then turned in to a super market. The Beatles did play there as other threads proved,they were going to play at the black cat club on city road,also known as st aidens, organised by Peter Stringfellow,but the Beatles were in the charts and getting very popular and the Police made Peter move the venue to the azena on white lane gleadlass.

• 1 year later...

Beatles And Pop Memorabilia Wanted.

Any pop memorabilia considered, highest prices paid. Beatles, Stones, Who, Hendrix, Zeppelin, Floyd, 60’s, 70’s etc

We are looking for concert posters, programmes, tickets, flyers, autographs, lyrics, personal effects, photos, negatives and much more. Sorry only signed records considered.

For a free quotation contact TRACKS, PO Box 117, Chorley, Lancashire, PR6 0UU, England or e-mail jason@tracks.co.uk

1960's Beatles, Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, The Who concert posters WANTED thousands paid! We are also looking for any other 1960's and 70's concert memorabilia. Fantastic prices paid for Beatles autographs. For a free quote contact.

We are looking for any items from the 1960's and 1970's for artists such as The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, The Who for example concert posters, programmes, tickets, autographs and much much more. High prices paid. If you have anything please contact us for a quote.

Archived