Bus Lanes or is that Bus Pains?

Some people didn't need to as they had already got some; didn't they Basil? ;)

My favourite bus lane is the one they just installed past the university where the traffic used to flow quite nicely for all. Since they put the bus lane in, it sqeezes the traffic so that the tail backs reach all the way to Broomhill and Crookes no, meaning that the bus times have increased by about 50% in rush hour - genius, especially when coupled with the fact that a number of buses can't change the bus lane traffic light and so they can't let themselves back into the traffic until another bus approaches from behind.

And of course you have the facts and figures to back up your assertion about 50% increase in bus journey times. I think not.

And of course you have the facts and figures to back up your assertion about 50% increase in bus journey times. I think not.

Ah yes, silly me, I should have been late for work, sat on the bus going nowhere with my stop watch running.

...it's a bit hard to take coming from you, given the scant regard you and the decision makers at SCC paid to your own carefully collected statistics with regard to public opinion about the new parking zones.

In actual fact, I starting walking halfway to work, getting the bus outside Weston Park as I covered the first mile and a half far quicker than the bus could with its new bus lane. Saved myself 50p too. Then I gave up on the bus altogether and started cycling, so First lost out and motorists lost out, but I feel far better for it.

• 5 years later...

Well I've today received my first fine for cutting into the bus lane on Bolsover Street (on the 95bus route approaching Brook Hill roundabout) at 4.20 pm.

Yes I know I should have known better and I have paid the £30 immediately .

What irks me is the accompanying leaflet extolling these measures success in keeping "Sheffield on the move"

The photo clearly shows me in the bus lane...no buses in front or behind ,and a line of traffic in single file stretching back up to Weston Park.

I was heading to turn left down Netherthorpe and most of the traffic would have been waiting to turn right at the roundabout

Sheffield on the move,not if the planners can help it.

There,I feel better for that moan .Thank you

Archived