Thirtysomething nights out - where to go?

I would like re visit Sheffield for a Saturday night out with my wife. We used to work in the Hen and Chickens, so we would staet there, but what night clubs would suit us? We are mid 30`s, and used to go to Cairo Jacks, Isabellas etc when we were students, and the Roxy on a Saturday night. Any Ideas?

with 8 cans of special brew

Don't forget to heed the warning on the side of cans of Special Brew.

Enjoy Alcohol Responsibly.

Oh the irony!

As for the OP, I suggest staying in might be the better option. You might struggle to find any club playing Rick Astley, Sinitta or Bananarama.

But if you should, let me know won't you? And I'll come along with my thin leather tie - yellow it is.

jeez.....i cant believe the amount of sarcasm on here.....and the bloody lack of assistance to the actual question!

Shakermaker, in respect to nightclubs, you have cheese taskic at embrace, indie music at leadmill or credible music at plug. im biased, im bound to say the plug thou.

jeez.....i cant believe the amount of sarcasm on here.....and the bloody lack of assistance to the actual question!

Shakermaker, in respect to nightclubs, you have cheese taskic at embrace, indie music at leadmill or credible music at plug. im biased, im bound to say the plug thou.

Well I wasn't being sarcastic.

There isn't much in town for us late 30 somethings and so thre is a huge gap in the market. I say it's best to stay at home because I actually mean it. Places like Reflex? Now that is a reason for sarcasm.

Plus, you youngsters can't handle your beer like us old'uns....,

There isn't much in town for us late 30 somethings and so thre is a huge gap in the market. ,

The Casbah used to do a roaring trade to 30 & 40 somethings who still wanted to get absolutley hammered and dance to the sounds of their youth (assuming you listened to the Jam, AC/DC, Clash, Def Leppard etc etc when you were young) - not sure if its still like that now...

The Washington also has a more mature crowd - but thats more a indie/muso pub...

Archived