Who do you think is the best milkman in sheffield past or present?

PopT

We had a milkman up until about 2 years ago. We'd always hear a knock on the door and then "It's just the milkman love". He was a really friendly chap; he always had a smile on his face and he'd always come in for a chat. I think he moved to France or something.

Hello awoolen, Yes that's the bloke. We lived on Bolsover Road so I will probably know you as well.

yes i only had stop and that was at the topof bolsover on the right

i started on yhe milk in 1944 when i first left school

in was a horse a cart in them days it was tommy s day of the lad driving the cart

was called les robinson

them was the days had breakfast on the oposite sid e about halve way up bolsover

cheers

• 1 year later...
Albert Hall(that was his name- honestly), Express co. gets my vote.

Worked on't Triangle/Handsworth 60's/70's. Lovely bloke, always there rain or shine, or snow.

The kindest milkman I knew was called Jim Weston, he worked for the S&E co-op for years, he used to call on my Gran to see if she was OK and often make her a cuppa, she was housebound. They don't make'em like that anymore! H e died many years ago

I remember Bob the milkman, who delivered around Loxley Road and the Wisewood area.

He was a lovely chap who used to let my brother and I ride on his milk float when he was delivering up Loxley Road.

He had a bright yellow float and was a really lovely guy!

We all could do with a jolly milkman in our lives!

Archived