Can anyone please recommend a good Spanish restaurant in Sheffield?

parmvir

Went to Platillos. Really great tapas, from a local owner, not a chain. Good food, wide choice, gorgeous place, nice environment. It would be nice if they could do a few large platos rather than all platillos. Some good seasonal, regional dishes would be a great addition. Can you imagine a hearty seafood or meat and bean stew.

Hi La Mancha is not bad on west street

It's not good either though! Been twice, first time thought the food was alright but it was like being a cross between a Spanish theme pub and somewhere in Benidorm (really loud 'holiday' music during your meal anyone? Was waiting for the reps to come and drag me on stage!). Second time (why?) it was just poor IMO, food varied between vaguely-acceptable and awful.

But don't let that put you off! :D

Platillos though - definately worth it, great food, surroundings and atmosphere :thumbsup:

• 2 months later...
History not your best subject ? Have a look ...

Athough Cuba was colonised by Spain, it doesnt make it the same country anymore! i think you'll find it is a country in its own right so actually, Cuba isn't Spain.

Spinroc in Crookes is nothing special. I went with my boyfriend for dinner tonight and not only was the service sloppy and unprofessional, but the food that we recieved was no where near worth the prices charged. The asthetics are nice and it could be a good place if the staff (kitchen AND waitering...and probably management too as there seemed to be no real authority over the staff) got a kick up the arse. Until then, steer well away.

Archived