Sheffield bar and club awards

...on monday 8th october. one of my fave bars, the runaway girl, is up for an award which is utterly thrilling. :love:

anyway, yog sothoth and i have been invited seeing as how i'm an up and coming sheff novelist and all that (actually, i'm going to be blogging about the event so i think it's got more to do with that and **** all to do with my as yet unpublished masterpiece but i've never been one to trifle over details.)

anyone else going? i will be wearing an australian leather riding hat with flowers in it* so if you see me, come and say hello.

*and some other clothes too.

ug...due to this horrible virus which has been going round sheffield hallam uni, i ended up flaked out in bed by teatime and couldn't attend :(

looks like i was going to be the only person there anyway. :hihi:

i'll post the results on my sheff blog once i find them out as i think the awards are a great idea.

Where is this bar, I have never heard of it ?

I bet it couldn't hold a candle to the Wapentake cerca 1988.

Apparently it came second in the inaugural "Best Bar Called The Runaway Girl In Sheffield 2007" Awards, in front of a star-studded audience of ex-Big Brother contestants.

It would have come first, but the organisers were keen to avoid allegations it was just a made up award designed to publicise an awful venue......

We won best club and best bar team....

Which I think we deserved.. :D

To be fair plug weren't in the running.. Was a bit shambolic really but hey ho, it looks good on my CV :thumbsup: Ha!

And now now Simon, everyone knows the exposed awards are better :P

Archived