Has anyone ever taken an anti-depressant called Trazodone?

What was it treating you for just depression..or anxiety as well?

I have been warned that it can do that but im currently on a different one so im like starting to take the other one with it as i start to switch over to it.

Was you on it for very long?

And did you get any other side effects?

Treating me for depression only. I was on it about 6 weeks, but it just made the morning incredibly hard to get up (even worse then normal), i think it is because it has a sedating effect - i tried taking it earlier in the evening but that didnt work even. I can't remember any other side effects with it.

I sleep alot anyways so i dont know but then i guess it does different thing to different people...What sort of time was u taking it at coz...i have only just took my mitazepine one just now which is prob why i sleep forever.

Trazodone is usually prescribed when the patient doesn't sleep very well, precisely because of its sedative effect. They tried it on me briefly, but it seems I react very badly to any medicine that has sedative or stimulant effects - the one time they gave me amphetamines, I didn't sleep at all for a week; and under trazodone, I kept falling asleep at work, on the bus, in the garden... so I came off it pretty quickly.

Whether it suits you won't be known until you've tried it. If it makes you TOO drowsy, to the point you can't function normally, then it's not the one for you.

If you are starting on it, avoid driving, heavy machinery and alcohol until you have some idea how much it's going to hit you.

I cant really avoid driving...I am on a diff antidepressent at the moment and that just makes me go to sleep pretty quick at nigh and i usualy sleep till about 12 ish but if i need to get up before I can...My psychatrist said this one should suit me because it targets the depression and then anxiety and i suffer quiet bad with that. I'm only starting on a really low dose the its going up to 15mls on the 15th I think,was you on a proper high dose or something?

Usually took it around 9 or 10pm. It is hard to distinguish what is the side effect of the medication and the symptom of depression.

Ah right well i prob take mine far too late,but then if i take them too early i end up falling asleep before i want to be in bed if you get me.

Archived