Has anyone ever taken an anti-depressant called Trazodone?

Trazadone worked wonders for me. I was having terrible trouble not sleeping, somtimes for several nights in a row through anxiety. The first day I took it I had the best night's sleep for years.

It did make me very drowsy at first but that passed.

I was on it for about 18 months and combined it with CBT.

After the therapy, I gradually reduced the dose with my GPs help until I was on a quarter of a pill a day.

I must admit I was nervous about coming off it but my doctor was really good and luckily for me I've never looked back.

I took these about 8yrs ago and to be honest, just did not agree with me. I didnt realise at the time as was so depressed and anxious, I thought I felt normal. ??!!!

GP even upped my dose when I said not much improvement, at this point I was so aggressive and angry at everything, I eventually had a breakdown and Crisis Intervention Team from Northlands came to see me and referred me to Psychiatrist.

She assessed me and said was on totally wrong medication, she changed me to Lofepramine and from that day I improved in leaps and bounds. Off them altogether within 12months and not been on any since. So Im little wary, but everyone reacts differently so give em try, if you not happy, see GP. Good luck! XXX:)

I took lofepramine for a couple of months a few years ago-it just made my anxiety worse. Looking back it was a really terrible experience with my doctor increasing my dose to very high levels and my symptons getting worse-a very scary time. Then I changed to trazadone and immediately my anxiety subsided and I was able to function again- though I am still taking it 4 years later at a much reduced dose. So it just goes to show that what works for one person can be awful for another.

i am on trazadone at the moment been on it a few months and it does make me sleepy most of the time and spend more time in bed than out of it but i know it will go away that sleepyness as i took it 5 years ago for 12 months and i was fine on it with just dry mouth and the sleepyness wore off in a few months except this time im more sleepy than last time but maybe its that im more depressed this time

I was on Trazodone for around 3 years about 7 or 8 years ago.

I was prescribed a few different anti-depressants before I was given Trazodone. Only side effects I had was feeling really drowsy and having a very dry mouth. They really worked well for me back then.

I'm back on them again now but that's another story.

Archived