March on London to protest against youth unemployment! Jarrow march 2011

I think Chem1st has some novel ideas about distribution of land and farming.

Look at Rhodesia - it's come along in leaps and bounds since Mugabe took land from the greedy bad farmers and gave it to the people, they're all rolling around in food now.

I take it you can't prove your assertion and you're now trying to change the topic?

No, I thought I'd prove it with a pretty picture as it would be easier for you to see with the help of a visual aid.

http://www.syngentafoundation.org/db/1/983.pdf

During the 1960s and 1970s there was an intense debate on the observed inverse relationship between farm size and per hectare agricultural productivity in India. It was subsequently argued that the higher productivity of smallholdings would disappear with the adoption of superior technology, modernisation and growth in general. However, close to half a century later, National Sample Survey data from the initial years of the 21st century show that smallholdings in Indian agriculture still exhibit a higher productivity than large holdings.

Crop intensity, which is the main source of growth in agriculture in India was found to be the highest in marginal holdings and it declined with an increase in farm size. The inverse relationship between farm size and productivity based on the aggregate of all crops has been quite pronounced in the recent years. Advances in technology and the scale factor in production did not dilute the superior performance of lower size holdings. Various theories about disappearing advantages of marginal and small farmers and efficiency gains of large sized farmers with economic development are not found to be operating in Asian countries like India and China. Any move towards increasing farm size on considerations like non-viability of smallholders will adversely affect productivity and growth of Indian agriculture. The recent evidence on farm size and productivity provides strong support to reducing land inequality and lowering agricultural land ceiling limits to improve productivity and growth of Indian agriculture.

Ever stopped to think that most of the population dont have the ability, skills or desire to become a wurzel.

Or the fact that the reason there is an alleged lack of land -v- labour force is because we are a very small ISLAND with a large population. You cant magic spare land out of thin air.

And if by some hideous nightmare we did live in your wonderful utopian society what would stop me popping onto your land and taking all your food. After all its all communal owned by nobody isnt it? Who could possibly demand they have claim to ownership of it or anything on it??

I think the thing that does go against some people is their accent, and in these days of customer service the wrong accent such as a geordie one will put off customers, example

Imagine the Geordie is working in an electrical shop as a sales person

"I'd like to purchase a TV"

"HOway man"

"What? I said I'd like to purchase a TV"

"Is yas gannin oot of the shap carryin it ors dus ye nid it deliverin to ya hoos?"

"What? can you repeat that?"

"HOway"

"What? are you speaking engish?"

"a sed as ya gannin oot an puttin the tv in ya boot, ors dus ya wanna delivery driver to gan an bring it to ya hoos?"

"Sorry, I'm struggling here, what are you saying"

"Howay man"

"What?"

I do think that many of these marchers from jarrow may not get jobs because of there accents

These people WANT TO WORK.

I'm sure they do, but where are the jobs going to come from?

The government can't afford to pay its bills now (hence the fact that we're running record deficits).

And is it really the government's remit to provide jobs? They're usually pretty incompetent at most things anyway so if you're relying on them to save you, you're fooked.

It's all very well saying "create jobs" but where? Doing what?

The shift in economic hegemony from West to East, increasing energy costs, the decline of UK industry, the crippling debt trap the UK has created for itself, all these are factors in a major shift in our living standards.

Bank of England chief Mervyn King: standard of living to plunge at fastest rate since 1920s

If only we made things, y'know, in factories, like the Germans, instead of spending the last decade basing our so-called "economy" on selling each other the same pile of bricks at ever increasing prices. Then we might have an economy with actual, real jobs, not estate agents, diversity outreach coordinators and summary other McJobs.

Despite Slowdown, German Unemployment Falls [dated October 2011]

Too late now I'm afraid, 50 years of collective delusionality and Punch & Judy pantomime politics has driven this country right where it belongs, on the rocks.

I'm sure they do, but where are the jobs going to come from?

The government can't afford to pay its bills now (hence the fact that we're running record deficits).

And is it really the government's remit to provide jobs? They're usually pretty incompetent at most things anyway so if you're relying on them to save you, you're fooked.

It's all very well saying "create jobs" but where? Doing what?

The shift in economic hegemony from West to East, increasing energy costs, the decline of UK industry, the crippling debt trap the UK has created for itself, all these are factors in a major shift in our living standards.

Bank of England chief Mervyn King: standard of living to plunge at fastest rate since 1920s

If only we made things, y'know, in factories, like the Germans, instead of spending the last decade basing our so-called "economy" on selling each other the same pile of bricks at ever increasing prices. Then we might have an economy with actual, real jobs, not estate agents, diversity outreach coordinators and summary other McJobs.

Despite Slowdown, German Unemployment Falls [dated October 2011]

Too late now I'm afraid, 50 years of collective delusionality and Punch & Judy pantomime politics has driven this country right where it belongs, on the rocks.

The fact that their population has declined may be a factor, over the past decade the German population has declined by 500,000 and ours as increased by 1000,000.

The government hinders people from housing, employing and feeding themselves!

When it does that, then it should provide people housing, employment and food.

it isn't the governments responsibilityto keep you housed and fed... it is your PARENTS responsibility.

As it is your parents who should encourage you to stay in school and get a good education - they should 'bribe' you if needs be, not the government with their EMA.

Archived