Cheapest notarisation services in sheffield

That's an excellent deal Plain Talker, thanks for sharing the info. Was there much work involved on his part? How long would you say the process took for him?

it was to notarise some paperwork to say I was an authorised and fit person to sign a document.

I would say it took no more than 10 minutes. he had to look a the document that I had to sign and have him witness my signing, which I had "sworn" (in a manner of speaking) to say I was authorised to sign another document.

(Sounds more complicated than it was. However, if, in the future, I need to do the same thing, I would not hesitate to return there)

Thank you Plain Talker.

Wow, for 10 minutes though, that's amazing value. It translates to a rate of £30 per hour, which I guess is very low for a solicitor. Will be sure to remember this thread should the need arise. Thanks again for sharing the info Plaint Talker. :)

yeah, i did think it may have just been a signature for a passport etc...

whereas my partner needs a solicitor to verify that she is who she says she is, to allow a solicitor abroad the power of attorney

Just make sure you get to see the notary and explain what it's for.PA and which country.

Also ask what documents/ id he will need for you to take along.

Get the quote.

A solicitor can certify a document created for use in the UK. You may need an apostille if that document is to be used and recognised abroad. the notary will know what you need. See the possible difference?

Just make sure you get to see the notary and explain what it's for.PA and which country.

Also ask what documents/ id he will need for you to take along.

Get the quote.

A solicitor can certify a document created for use in the UK. You may need an apostille if that document is to be used and recognised abroad. the notary will know what you need. See the possible difference?

thanks for all your help guys....will let you know what happens

---------- Post added 17-03-2014 at 20:08 ----------

I had to get a document notarised, just last week, and Bell Buxton solicitors, on High Street did it for just £5.00 (that's a FIVER, BTW, not five hundred) Highly recommend them.

Got a really brilliant service, I phoned them up, and said "Do you do Notarisation, please, I need a Notary Public?"

They put me through to the chap who did notarisation, we made the arrangements, and within twenty minutes, I was at his office, swearing the declaration, and bingo! signed sealed and posted off to the people who needed the paperwork.

my partner called them and they said they do not do this service (scratches head)

I think it was Slater & Gordon...

this one was also called and they said they do not provide this service (scratches head again)

the only one she found at a half decent price was Graysons at £80

• 1 year later...

I used Robert Pickford c/o 4-12 Paradise Square tel:01142729184 he isn't there all the time but knows his stuff and didn't rip me off he helped me regarding property given gift of deed to someone abroad my own solicitor didn't know where to start as it is complicated he knew exactly what was needed there and then no extra appointment or charges fees do vary as to what has to be notarised but they should tell you if you phone good luck